Nuclear power plants generate approximately 16 % of the electricity generated at present in the World. Therefore there is no doubt that nuclear power plants are indispensable in supplying electricity and may have a major role in the future in mitigating the carbon dioxide emissions associated with electricity generation.
Approximately 50% of the electricity generated in Hungary is provided by the 2000 MWePaks Nuclear Power Plant. In addition to the internationally recognized high safety culture and the almost carbon dioxide emissions-free and economic electricity generation, the capacity utilisation rate of the Paks Nuclear Power Plant is one of the best ones in the world.
The use of nuclear power is justified based on the following arguments:
- safe operation is ensured by the strict official supervision and the regular inspections and checks performed by international inspection bodies,
- elaborated technology with high operational safety and availability,
- one of the most economically operating types of power plants,
- good production planning possibilities and plant operation that are independent of the weather conditions and the time of day,
- almost carbon dioxide emissions-free operation without dust, fly ash and greenhouse gases emissions
- simple fuel supply and storage possibilities. A medium-sized building can accommodate an amount of fuel sufficient for several years, thus mitigating the energy import dependency of Hungary.
- the storage and disposal of radioactive wastes is regulated and controlled by official bodies.
Please click the following link to read the services provided by MVM ERBE Zrt.
Services provided by MVM ERBE Zrt.